Enter to win arty prize bundles worth over £75 by Mon 18 September!
Are you ever put off from drawing under the mammoth pressure of creating a masterpiece? Or just don’t know where to start? Us too... so we are teaming up with Leaping Hare Press and author / illustrator Matilda Tristram in celebration of the launch of her new book My Year in Small Drawings to bring you a new challenge to oil your creative cogs. Matilda’s new book teaches us to Notice. Draw. Appreciate the world around us – with suggestions of where to start without the pressure of a vast white page!
Inspired by My Year in Small Drawings, we’ve plucked 12 subjects from Matilda’s suggestions for you to draw in a grid to kick start your small creative musings. Simply download and print the template, you can do the challenge in one day or do a drawing a day over a couple of weeks!
You can just take part in this challenge to practice your drawing or set yourself and the family a fun task on a day trip or on a rainy day! However, if you’d like to enter your drawings in our competition for your chance to win the fantastic prizes below, please read on...
There are 4 categories:
1. Kids (Nursery + Primary)
2. Big Kids (Secondary age)
3. Bigger Kids (18+)
4. The Professionals (draw for a living? Confess by selecting this box when you enter)
Enter your Big Draw Small Drawings entry by 5pm on Monday 18 September to be eligible for the competition.
Selected by The Big Draw team and Matilda Tristram, each category winner will win a prize bundle worth over £75 which includes:
- An exclusive, signed copy of My Year in Small Drawings
- A signed, limited edition ‘Summer Things’ print by Matilda Tristram
- A copy of Mindfulness and The Art of Drawing
- Complimentary Tickets to Affordable Art Fair, Battersea in October (look out for our stall with Matilda!)
We’ll feature all entrants drawings sent into us in a small drawings #LivingLines17 GIF on thebigdraw.org throughout September and The Big Draw Festival!
1. Download a template
2. Print template (PDF) or draw digitally on the JPEG version
3. Get drawing!
4. Upload your completed grid along with a competition form here or send us your original drawings with a printed entry form to our HQ address marked: 'Big Draw Small Drawings entry'.
5. You will recieve a notification when we have received your entry.
6. Please submit by the deadline on Monday 18 September to be eligible for the prize
7. The judges' decision will be announced on Monday 25 September
About My Year in Small Drawings and your Big Draw discount code!
My Year in Small Drawings is a charmingly original visual diary which encourages you to create and collect the details all around you every day. Exploring the extraordinary in the ordinary, this meaningful artifact builds up dozens of dinky drawings for a uniquely personal record.
Author Matilda Tristram invites doodlers and designers alike to experience the irresistible immediacy of drawing small. Tangles of cables, window frames, tree buds, all just some of the objects she suggests we can learn to see in a new way, exploring their simple (and sometimes surprising beauty) by drawing them.
To claim 20% off when buying ‘My Year in Small Drawings’ quote code BigDraw when purchasing the book from Quarto Knows here.
Publisher: The Ivy Press
Number of pages: 240
Dimensions: 165 x 135 mm
In partnership with:
Leaping Hare Press are a Big Draw Festival 2017 Sponsor-Partner.
Interested in partnering with us or joining The Big Draw Festival as an event organiser? There are many perks, click the banner below for more: