Draw for Joy
Earlsfield Prmary School
A three day Drawing event - engaging teachers and children with drawing and creative activities.
The overall idea is:
Mon 15 Oct
Tue 16 Oct
9 - 3
Wed 17 Oct
Interspersed across the three days:
- To promo drawing as a tool across the curriculum
- To show ways that drawing is used in many contexts (not just in art) e.g. diffferent
- To hold drawing activities around the given theme of 'Play'
- To increase creativity and encourage the mindset that being brave and 'mistakes' can lead to good things!
- To raise profile of creativity in the school
- Outside artists to visit school and run drawing workshops
- Talks by professionals from different fields to talk about how they use drawing/creativity in their work e.g. scientists/architects/Illustrators
- A 'Drop Everything and Draw' time - after break get sketchbooks and doodle for 5 mins.
- Invite parents in for collaborative drawing events with children
- Student takeover - a few children from each class lead a drawing activity for their class
- Drawing materials are incorporated into the playground so there is the option for children to be creative/draw at playtime
- Teachers choose one lesson to teach without slideshows/IWB - they must use drawing
- Teachers to incorporate drawing into their topic/core subjects that week
- Older children lead teaching drawing in other classes
SCHOOL FAMILIES ONLY
Suitable for ages:
All 0-5 6-11 16+
Earlsfield Primary School