We recognise that this is an incredibly stressful time, and we share your concerns around coordinating events that are safe and accessible.
Whilst we cannot give advice directly on how to ensure that your events are safe, we recommend doing some research into the guidelines in your local area, and following some basic safety precautions:
- Enforce social distancing within your venue (both indoors and outdoors)
- Set up hand-sanitising stations at regular intervals, and reduce points of contact throughout your venue
- Participants and organisers should wear face coverings at all times
- Avoid sharing equipment such as pencils and paper, and instead encourage participants to bring their own utensils
- If possible, explore the option of running your events online. You can read our guide to running online events here.
Below we have compiled a list of links with useful information and best practices for event organisers, to aid and support in your event planning and decision-making.
Please note: These resources are all specific to UK government guidelines. If you are running your event in another country, make sure to read up on the specific guidelines in your area.
Arts Council England | Covid-19: Government reopening guidance and tax changes | Read here
GOV.UK | Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Read here
GOV.UK | Covid-19: Guidance for the safe use of multi-purpose community facilities | Read here
GOV.UK | Coronavirus (COVID-19): Meeting with others safely (social distancing) | Read here
GOV.UK | Guidance for DCMS sectors in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19) | Read here
Want to find out more about joining The Big Draw Festival 2021 and our theme: #MakeTheChange? Click here or get in touch!
If you have more questions or concerns about your Big Draw event, please don't hesitate to get in touch with one of The Big Draw team members and we will be more than happy to discuss this further with you, and offer advice.