DOVER BIG DRAW 2019
DOVER BIG DRAW 2019: DOODLE JAM
Come along, have fun and feel better doodling to music by Mick and Clive live at Biggin Hall for the Dover Big Draw 2019 Doodle Jam .
- Free event.
- Family Friendly.
- All ages welcome.
- No drawing ability required.
It was inspiring to see so many local people coming together to make art. It was also fascinating to see all the different styles and drawings they produced together. .... just by being there, and being curious, one boy learned about at least two new drawing techniques, and gained a bit of confidence. I also overheard a member of the public saying, “I don’t do this enough, I should do this every week!” She stretched as she got up to go, remarking how relaxed she felt after spending some time drawing. This certainly captures this year’s theme of well being, and I hope it might encourage her to continue making art in her spare time.
There was a range of ages who all seemed to love the opportunity to sit down and doodle your worries away. Often in life, we don’t have the time to draw, to concentrate on something not to make money, or to tick off something from your to-do list, but simply for the joy of it. Drawing is one of those little pleasures. I spoke to a parent at The Big Draw who had brought her children along, but ended up enjoying drawing for her own pleasure.
- Lovely morning doing colouring and listening to music
- Good tables with paper and different stuff; good music
- Good drawing atmosphere; amazing opportunity to draw for people; very welcoming
- Lovely event for everyone. The music sets a nice atmosphere and everyone joining in to draw brings everyone together. Thank you
- Really fun and relaxing
- Very exciting and joyful
- Lovely sense of community spirit. Thank you
- What a lovely creative day out
- This was really fun. Thank you
- Thank you for such a creative, musical day. So pleased we stumbled upon this
- Thank you for this fantastic experience. We enjoyed drawing together.
- Thank you. It was fun.
- Smashing live music, really added to the happy relaxed atmosphere; So nice to sit, chill & doodle!!
- Great fun to draw in such wonderful company
- An amazing turnout. It’s a wonderful experience to sit with new people and create. Doodling frees the mind.
- I had a great time and I think that drawing really helps express your mind and helps you calm when you’re angry.
- Enjoyed a great time drawing at the Big Draw
- So fun except when you’re hungry! Though everything else is wonderful.
- A lovely event as always! So pleased that the idea of the Doodle Draw was adopted. The music was great! Thanks
- Thank you for letting me draw. I thought it was fun.
- A lovely chance to relax and enjoy being creative with my children. We leave the big draw feeling…. happy! Peaceful. And we will make sure we continue to draw this holiday. Thank you!
- Thank you for five minutes of creative see + permission not to be ‘perfect’
- Thank you for this amazing opportunity. I hope there will soon be more.
- Thank you for today. It has been good fun. My son loves to draw.
- I have unleashed my inner child; got my colourful freak on and had the most splendid time! Thank you!
This is a free event
Suitable for ages:
Dover Arts Development