Design a Bunting Flag
You are the Artist!
Part of The Miner2Major Painted Silk Festival Bunting Exhibition
Join in at Home!
Design a bunting flag inspired by a mighty oak tree and join in with Inspire: Culture, Learning and Libraries 2020 Big Draw!
Design a bunting flag inspired by an oak tree.
Inspire will select some designs to be painted onto silk and become part of the Miner2Major festival bunting and The Big Draw Exhibition.
Your design can include: oak leaves, acorns or the whole tree!
- Get a piece of A4 paper and draw a triangle shape measuring 20cm along the top and 30cm down the sides.
- Draw your design onto the triangle in pencil first and when you are happy go over the outlines with thick black felt tip or a black marker pen.
- We’re looking for bold, simple outline designs, think of stained-glass windows.
- When your design is finished take a picture of it and send it on an email to: email@example.com by 1 Nov 2020.
- Good luck!
The exhibition will tour Inspire library galleries until summer 2021:
- Beeston Library Gallery: Saturday 17 October to Thursday 17
- Worksop Library Gallery: Thursday 14 January to Sunday 28
- Mansfield Central Library Gallery: Wednesday 3 March to Wednesday 21
- West Bridgford Library Gallery: Wednesday 2 June to Wednesday 7 July 2021
Inspire: Culture, Learning and Libraries is a proud delivery partner on a Landscape Partnership scheme called Miner2Major.
The scheme, supported by a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund, encourages local people and community groups to get involved in projects that celebrate the diverse wildlife, important habitats and rich heritage of Sherwood Forest.
Full details on the work of Miner2Major can be found at www.miner2major.org.uk
Activities delivered by Inspire: Culture, Learning and Libraries for Miner2Major can be found at www.inspireculture.org.uk/miner2major
Full details on, The Big Draw 2020 exhibition in library galleries can be found at www.inspireculture.org.uk/thebigdraw
More info / book »
This is a free event
Suitable for ages:
Inspire: Culture, Learning and Libraries