The Big Draw Festival Launch 2018: PLAY!
with National Museums Liverpool and Art in Liverpool
Walker Art Gallery
The Official launch of The Big Draw Festival 2018 is coming to Liverpool!
Join us for the official launch of The Big Draw Festival 2018!FREE | All welcome | Drop in activities: 1 - 4pm
BOOK YOUR FREE TICKETS: bit.ly/BDF18LiverpoolBook
VIEW THE ACTIVITIES MAP:
With our launch partners National Museums Liverpool and Art in Liverpool, The Big Draw is pleased to welcome one and all to The Walker Art Gallery to launch The World's Biggest Drawing Festival in style...
For kids and big kids alike this year's Big Draw Festival is all about the power of play in creativity, well being and innovation so expect playful creative activities taking place all over Liverpool's iconic Walker Art Gallery with ample chance to oil those creative cogs and get your hands dirty...
- Inject life into the mystical artifacts of the Walker with The Drawing Circus' unique life drawing class for all
- Have a go at our Surreal Still Life gallery trail!
- Create a museum meme and bring the sculptures of WAG to life with Zoom Rockman's cartoon workshops
- Get in the party mood and create your own bunting and party hats with artist Josie Jenkin's 'Make it Arty Party'
- Join Laura-Kate Draws and play with portraits inspired by the Walker's extensive portrait collection!
- Make your mark on a Big Draw t-shirt, try the infuriating 10 pen drawing challenge, get surreal with Team Big Draw and join and have a go at our 'Where's your head at?' game!
More info / book »
This is a free event
Suitable for ages:
The Big Draw HQ
Family Friendly Facilities: There are baby changing facilities on the first floor.
Prams can be stored in the ground floor cloakroom.
There is a children's menu available in the cafe, Tearoom staff are happy to warm bottles. There are highchairs available on request.
St John's Gardens opposite the Walker provides plenty of space for running around and a picnic.
The Big Art for Little Atrists gallery on the ground floor is designed specially for children and is very popular.
Check our website for family-friendly activities to do at the gallery.
There are two designated spaces available in the rear car park on a pre-booked basis. Contact the information desk on 0151 478 4199. There is also parking on William Brown Street with a limited number of blue badge spaces which are owned by Liverpool City Council and which we cannot reserve. The road surface is cobbled.
The building is accessed via a ramp to the right of the main entrance and there is a lift for access to the first floor.
There are wheelchair accessible toilets on the ground floor.
There are two wheelchairs available to borrow on request at the information desk.
Assistance dogs are welcome.