The Big Draw
National Trust - Stourhead
Join us for a full day of arty fun all across the property. This fundraising event is for all the family, with activities around the property to get hands-on with.
us on the 6 October for a day of crafting activities across the property.
will be a wide range of activities to try, from biscuit decorating and
photography workshops to still life drawing in the Picture Gallery and a
Stourhead first opened in the 1740’s a magazine described it as a ‘living work
of art’ and it still remains so today.
Come and be inspired by the world-famous
landscape garden with a magnificent lake reflecting classical temples, mystical
grottoes and rare and exotic trees, alongside the Palladian family home.
14 different activities to try your hand at and artist in residence Anouk
Mercier leading the community canvas there is a whole day of arty fun to be
entry for the day is free, there will be a small donation ask for some of the activities
to help continue to care for this special place.
More info / book »
This is a free event
Suitable for ages:
National Trust Stourhead
Family Friendly Facilities:
- Baby-changing & feeding facilities
- Pushchairs welcome in the garden
- Free children's quizzes & trails
- Activity packs
- Children's meals and activity area in the restaurant
- Children's guide and events
- Disabled parking available in main visitor reception and Spread Eagle Inn car park
- Disabled toilets at visitor reception and Spread Eagle Inn courtyard
- Volunteer-driven shuttle bus service to transport visitors from visitor reception to the house and garden entrances (main season only)
- Induction loop
- Braille guide
- Large print guide
- Garden - wheelchair accessible gravel paths with marked routes, steep in places
- House - stair climber available with advance booking, wheelchair to borrow
- Shop - level entrance
- Restaurant - level entrance
- Volunteer-driven 5-seater buggy to transport visitors around the garden
- To read our full access statement please copy this link into your browser (PDF) http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/stourhead/documents/stourhead-access-statement.pdf