Organisation: Our Hut
Venue: Routemaster Bus Tour from Stockwell Bus Garage
1. How did you first find out about the Big Draw?
Attending an event about 10 years ago.
2. When did your organisation first get involved?
3. Why did you make your event a Big Draw event?
To support The Campaign for Drawing.
4. What do you think are the main benefits?
To reach a wider audience and be associated with a very good international movement to encourage creativity in everyone.
5. Which resources have you made use of?
The Big Draw website and map this year, I also attended a workshop, which was very useful, when we first put on an event.
6. Would you recommend it to other organisations?
7. Is your organization also part of the Family Arts Festival?
8. What are your thoughts on the importance of visual literacy?
We think visual literacy is incredibly important in helping people to understand the world around them. As Our Hut focuses on architecture, we try to encourage an understanding of the built environment through looking, drawing and analysis.
9. Please tell us about your Big Draw event.
Our Hut Architectural Routemaster Bus Tour takes place as part of Our Hut’s current project, ‘A Space for Flowers’, about New Covent Garden Flower Market. There will be stops for drawing at New Covent Garden Flower Market and Smithfield Market. This event is suitable for all ages, although children must be accompanied. There are 60 places in total so seats must be booked.